2018 Starboard Pro 7’4 x 25.25 Carbon Balsa
- Ultra-responsive short length.
- volume: 82L
- Thruster and quad fin options.
- Side bites are FCS 2 fin boxes
- Available in Blue Carbon Technology.
- Bottom Shape: V between finsfor sensitive rail to rail transitions and tight cutbacks
- high rocker for smooth and fast performance
- We use inverted EVA deck pads to avoid waste, thus every second board will have a reverse color combination from what is featured.
2018 Starboard Pro 7’4 x 25.25 Carbon Balsa Specifications
Offered in the CARBON BALSA construction:
• LIGHTEST WEIGHT
• QUICKEST RESPONSE
• STRONGEST BUILD
We select our preferred density balsa from our supplier’s plantation in Ecuador. The sharing, bonding and longevity properties of balsa are better than any sandwich materials we have worked with. Proudly introducing a sustainable and superior sandwich technology.
• “End Grain” balsa replaces PVC in full deck and bottom, offering incredible strength and weight properties.
• A 15kg/m3 precision molded fused cell core replicates the exact shape, offers high strength at the latest weight.
• Ultra-light biaxial and uni-directional high grade carbon fibers with optimized angles deliver flex and reflex for incredible response.
• Impregnated paint pigment means no paint is sprayed reducing the overall weight, paint chips and scratches.
• The sensational light weight increases carving ability and acceleration.
• S-Glass tensile strength (load needed to break material) is generally 60% better than carbon and over twice as strong as conventional glass.
• High performance with lower environmental impact.
• Full Plant based Bio resin infusion maintains superior performance with a lower impact on the environment.
WHY END-GRAIN BALSA
Balsa Wood (Ochroma Pyramidale) is amongst the lightest and fastest growing of the hardwoods and is indigenous to the equatorial regions of the globe. Balsa, which is Spanish for raft, has enjoyed a colorful history of utilization in marine vessels, from the Peruvian construction of Kon-Tiki rafts in 500 A.D.
By turning the balsa grains vertically within the sandwich structure, Starboard’s innovative end-grain balsa connects the top and bottom faces with millions of vertical honeycombs-like pillars.
The result: significantly higher mechanical properties than conventional petroleum-based PVC.