2018 Starboard Hyper Nut 7’2 x 28 Carbon Balsa
Starboard has done it again with another break-through in shapes and technologies for SUP. If you deal with mushy, inconsistent, or small surf some, or all, of the time, then this is the board for you! The Starboard Hyper Nut series is a new favorite of our shop owners and customers.
Shorter boards generally turn better, while wider boards generally provides more stability. BUT – the Hyper Nut range has compact performance. The range is fast, stable, and reactive due to its short length with insane projection and tight turning from the inverted nut “rails.”
- Ultra-responsive for its short size.
- Limitless turning capabilities with it’s narrow width and PRO rocker down the center.
- Inverted “NUT” rails for fast acceleration and tight turning.
- Quad fin set up matches the wide tail to produce “hyper”active drive and acceleration.
- Available in Blue Carbon Technology.
- Bottom Shape: “Mono-concave feeding through to channel tail”
- Flatter rocker along the tail rail enhances speed and drive.
- PRO rocker down the center of the board for tight pocket turning.
- Creates a flat spot in front of the fins for extra acceleration.
- We use inverted EVA deck pads to avoid waste, thus every second board will have a reverse color combination from what is featured.
See the Hyper Nut in action here:
2018 Starboard Hyper Nut 7’2 x 28 Carbon Balsa Specifications:
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Suggested Rider Weight:|
|7’2″||28”||4.0”||20.1”||105 L||50-85 kg|
• LIGHTEST WEIGHT
• QUICKEST RESPONSE
• STRONGEST BUILD
We select our preferred density balsa from our supplier’s plantation in Ecuador. The sharing, bonding and longevity properties of balsa are better than any sandwich materials we have worked with. Proudly introducing a sustainable and superior sandwich technology.
• “End Grain” balsa replaces PVC in full deck and bottom, offering incredible strength and weight properties.
• A 15kg/m3 precision molded fused cell core replicates the exact shape, offers high strength at the latest weight.
• Ultra-light biaxial and uni-directional high grade carbon fibers with optimized angles deliver flex and reflex for incredible response.
• Impregnated paint pigment means no paint is sprayed reducing the overall weight, paint chips and scratches.
• The sensational light weight increases carving ability and acceleration.
• S-Glass tensile strength (load needed to break material) is generally 60% better than carbon and over twice as strong as conventional glass.
• High performance with lower environmental impact.
• Full Plant based Bio resin infusion maintains superior performance with a lower impact on the environment.
WHY END-GRAIN BALSA
Balsa Wood (Ochroma Pyramidale) is amongst the lightest and fastest growing of the hardwoods and is indigenous to the equatorial regions of the globe. Balsa, which is Spanish for raft, has enjoyed a colorful history of utilization in marine vessels, from the Peruvian construction of Kon-Tiki rafts in 500 A.D.
By turning the balsa grains vertically within the sandwich structure, Starboard’s innovative end-grain balsa connects the top and bottom faces with millions of vertical honeycombs-like pillars.
The result: significantly higher mechanical properties than conventional petroleum-based PVC.