Have you ridden your friend’s 10′ Starboard Whopper, or demo’d the ever popular 9′ Hero and felt that maybe the Whopper was more board than you needed, but that the Hero was a little past your comfort zone? Then here is the board you have been waiting for!! The 9’5×33″ Whopper, or “Whopper Junior” is a new addition to Starboard’s 2016 line, and we are sure is here to stay! This board has a great rocker line and sweet bottom concaves that make it super fun on the waves, or could be a smaller paddler’s easy to manage flat water board. Available to demo from our shop in downtown Cocoa Beach, come take her for a spin today!
2017 Starlite Starboard Whopper 9’5 x 33″
- The shorter 9’5” Whopper is easier to turn and maneuver
on the wave.
- 33” width gives stability and float for riders up to 100kg
for all round fun.
- Shorter length makes it easy for all riders to carry
- Available in Blue Carbon, Wood, AST Electric, Starshot
and ASAP Technologies.
- AST Electric has windsurf option.
Bottom Shape: “Mono to double concave to tail concave”
- Mono-concave gives lift feeding to the double concave for lift
and control with rail-to-rail turning.
- Tail concave accelerates the water flow towards fin,
while very slight V offers a cleaner release.
- Generous nose kick makes pearling close to impossible.
2017 Starlite Starboard Whopper 9’5 x 33″ Specifications:
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Suggested Rider
|9’5”||33”||4.4”||18.0”||166 L||50-100 kg|
|287.0 cm||83.8 cm||11.3 cm||45.8 cm||110-220 lbs|
|Center Fin:||Side Fin:|
|170 Light Core||4.7″ Light Core||• Blue Carbon and Pine Tek are provided with Bio Resin Light Core fins.
• Pine Tek features an extra set of Surf Finz boxes set forward near the rail for added tracking when windsurfing (extra fins not provided)
• Starlite center Bio Resin Light Core, side injection molded.
• Starshot is provided with black injection molded fins.
• ASAP is provided with Black Injection molded fins.