2017 Starboard Hyper Nut 8’6 x 31.5″ Carbon
Starboard has done it again with another break-through in shapes and technologies for SUP. If you deal with mushy, inconsistent, or small surf some, or all, of the time, then this is the board for you! The Starboard Hyper Nut series is a new favorite of our shop owners and customers.
Shorter boards generally turn better, while wider boards generally provides more stability. BUT – the Hyper Nut range has compact performance. The range is fast, stable, and reactive due to its short length with insane projection and tight turning from the inverted nut “rails.”
- Wide nose and tail combined with 31.5” width makes it an
extremely stable board for its relatively short length of 8’0”.
- Defies its size to feel like a much bigger board suited
to riders of up to 110kg.
- The amazing stability still retains rapid acceleration and speed,
super-tight turning radius for carving, vertical projection and
general feeling of life in the board.
- Available in Blue Carbon, Wood and AST Electric Technologies.
Bottom shape: “Mono-concave feeding through to channel tail”
See the Hyper Nut in action here:
2017 Starboard Hyper Nut 8’6 x 31.5 Specifications:
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Suggested Rider
|8’6”||31.5”||3.9”||21.5”||132 L||65-110 kg (145 – 240 lbs)|
|Forward Fin:||Back Fin:|
4.7” Light Core
4.5” Light Core
|• Blue Carbon and Wood are provided with Light Core fins.
• AST Electric provided with Light Core forward fin and injection molded side fins.
• LIGHTEST WEIGHT
• QUICKEST RESPONSE
• STRONGEST BUILD
• A 15kg/m3 precision molded fused cell core replicates the exact shape, offers high strength at the lightest weight.
• A full deck, bottom and rail wrap of high density PVC foam significantly increases the impact resistance and overall hull strength at the lightest weight.
• Ultra-light biaxial and uni-directional high grade Carbon fibers with optimized angles deliver flex and reflex for incredible response.
• Impregnated paint pigment means no paint is sprayed reducing the overall weight, paint chips and scratches.
• The sensational lightweight increases carving ability and acceleration.
• S Glass tensile strength (load needed to break material) is generally 60% better than carbon and over twice a strong as conventional glass.
* Full Plant based Bio resin infusion maintains superior performance with a lower impact on the environment.
* We use inverted EVA deck pads to avoid waste, thus every second board will have a reverse color combination from what is featured.