2016 Starboard Hyper Nut 7’8 x 30″
Starboard has done it again with another break-through in shapes and technologies for SUP. If you deal with mushy, inconsistent, or small surf some, or all, of the time, then this is the board for you! The Starboard Hyper Nut series is a new favorite of our shop owners and customers.
Shorter boards generally turn better, while wider boards generally provides more stability. BUT – the Hyper Nut range has compact performance. The range is fast, stable, and reactive due to its short length with insane projection and tight turning from the inverted nut “rails.”
- The 7’8” is suited to riders of up to 95kg who want stability and
glide with exceptional drive, acceleration and reactivity.
- Its lively performance from its short length makes it a highly
popular size that can be thrown into most conditions.
- High maneuverability matched with comfortable stability.
- Available in Blue Carbon, Wood and AST Electric Technologies.
Bottom shape: “Mono-concave feeding through to channel tail”
See the Hyper Nut in action here:
Starboard Hyper Nut 7’8 x 30″ Specifications:
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Suggested Rider
|7’8”||30”||3.9”||21.4”||115 L||60-95 kg|
|233.7 cm||76.2 cm||9.9 cm||54.4 cm|
|Forward Fin:||Back Fin:|
4.7” Light Core
4.5” Light Core
|• Blue Carbon and Wood are provided with Light Core fins.
• AST Electric provided with Light Core forward fin and injection molded side fins.
- A full deck, bottom and rail wrap of high density PVC foam makes the board stronger for impact and increases overall hull strength.
- The ultra-light biaxial and uni-directional Carbon ﬁbers with optimized angles wrap the entire board, introducing flex and reflex patterns in paddle boarding.
- The sensational light weight increases carving ability and acceleration.