2016 12′ x 33 Starboard Sportsman Fishing SUP
Thanks for checking out the 2016 Starboard Sportsman Fishing model! If you have been a fan of Starboard paddle boards and are looking to pair your appreciation for their quality and design in paddle boards with your love for catching fish, then look no further! The Starboard Sportsman fishing is based on the ever popular and loved Freeride shape from the Starboard lineup. At 12’2×30″, the Freeride is a great touring board, but not a great fishing platform. Therefore, Starboard introduced the Sportsman. It has the performance aspects and shape of the Freeride with added width and volume for stability. Plus, you get all the features needed in a fishing SUP.
2016 12′ x 33″ Starboard Sportsman Fishing SUP
- 12’0” length covers distance and maintains good ground speed for
trawling and paddling quickly in open ocean conditions.
- Ultra wide tail increases overall stability to move and rotate freely
when reeling in a big fish.
- Volume in the nose stops the board diving in chop and keeps it
stable enough to power through rough conditions.
- Space on the deck to hold a cooler box with enough room to
- Bungee tie-downs help carry gear as well as multiple FCS inserts
for different accessories.
- Scotty Mounts (in the Sportsman fishing model) in front of the standing area are ideal for aftermarket
GPS and other Scotty accessories, while mounts behind can be used
for attaching rod holders or a fishing rack.
- Available in Starshot Technology without Fishing option.
Bottom shape: “V to triple concave to single concave.”
- Sharp V creates a very silent entry on the water making no
noise and wake.
- Round rail creates good displacement and glide and center
channel concave for lift to reduce the wet area.
2016 12′ x 33″ Starboard Sportsman Fishing SUP Specifications:
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Suggested Rider
|12’0”||33”||6.4”||25.9”||279 L||60-130 kg|
|365.8 cm||83.8 cm||16.3 cm||65.7 cm||132-286 lb|