2017 Starboard Hyper Nut 8’0 x 31.5″ Starlite
Starboard has done it again with another break-through in shapes and technologies for SUP. If you deal with mushy, inconsistent, or small surf some, or all, of the time, then this is the board for you! The Starboard Hyper Nut series is a new favorite of our shop owners and customers.
Shorter boards generally turn better, while wider boards generally provides more stability. BUT – the Hyper Nut range has compact performance. The range is fast, stable, and reactive due to its short length with insane projection and tight turning from the inverted nut “rails.”
- Wide nose and tail combined with 31.5” width makes it an
extremely stable board for its relatively short length of 8’0”.
- Defies its size to feel like a much bigger board suited
to riders of up to 100kg.
- The amazing stability still retains rapid acceleration and speed,
super-tight turning radius for carving, vertical projection and
general feeling of life in the board.
- Available in Blue Carbon, Wood and AST Electric Technologies.
Bottom shape: “Mono-concave feeding through to channel tail”
See the Hyper Nut in action here:
2017 Starboard Hyper Nut 8’0 x 31.5 Specifications:
|Length:||Width:||Thickness:||Tail Width:||Volume:||Suggested Rider
|8’0”||31.5”||4.1”||21.4”||133 L||65-100 kg|
|243.6 cm||80.2 cm||10.4 cm||54.4 cm||145-220 lbs|
|Forward Fin:||Back Fin:|
|4.7″ Light Core||4.5″ Light Core||Blue Carbon, Pine Tek and Starlite are provided with Bio Resin Light Core fins|
• SCRATCH-PROOF RAILS
• CARBON STRINGERS
• PARABOLIC CARBON INNEGRA
• A 15kg/m3 precision molded fused cell core replicates the exact shape, offers high strength at the lightest weight.
• A combination of different fibreglass densities wrap the entire hull for high strength and durability.
• A standing area of 0.6mm Australian Pine is added for extra deck impact resistance and rigidity.
• High grade woven Carbon Innegra with impregnated paint pigment wraps the entire rails for maximum impact resistance and hull strength.
• Uni-Directional Carbon rail stringers and glass reinforcements for added strength (Boards below 10ft).
* Full Plant based Bio resin infusion maintains superior performance with a lower impact on the environment.
* We use inverted EVA deck pads to avoid waste, thus every second board will have a reverse color combination from what is featured.